Beatriz is the president and founding partner of mitú, the leading digital media company bringing a Latino
POV to mainstream media. As the voice of Latino youth, mitú’s unapologetic storytelling drives more than
half a billion monthly views, with over 100 million people a month engaging with its cross-cultural content.
Acevedo is a digital pioneer and network approved show runner with more than 20 years of entertainment
experience, having created, developed and produced hundreds of original, primetime television shows
and award-winning digital series. Her agnostic approach to both traditional and digital content creation
has earned Beatriz three Emmy Awards, an MTV Award, and two Streamy Awards. She has also
developed and produced television and digital branded content for over twenty Blue Chip brands.
Beatriz is passionate about mentoring and empowering the next generation of Latino leaders and
diversity as good ROI. She lives in Santa Monica and is a proud and passionate Latina who juggles work
along with her 12 year old twins Isabela and Diego.
Some awards and Recognitions:
- 3x Emmy-Winning producer and writer
- Cynopsis Media: “Top Women Digital (Entrepreneur Award)”
- Wired Magazine: “#26 of 100 Global Leaders”
- The Hollywood Reporter Silicon Beach Power 25: “A Ranking of L.A.’s Top Digital Media Players”
- 18th Annual National Hispanic Media Coalition Impact Awards: “Outstanding Innovation in Social
- TheWrap’s Innovators List: “11 Thought Leaders Who Are Changing Hollywood”
- Los Angeles Business Journal: “Top Foreign Born Entrepreneurs”
- Social Media Week Los Angeles: “Social 25” Honoree